The Saint Clément chapel was part of the “Saint-Clément” priory mentioned in 1351 by a parish priest.
It is described by the bishop in 1683 as owned by a priest from the Dauphiné who was receiving an income while not giving any service because the chapel had been demolished. It was rebuilt since it appears on the Cassini map (1779) and on the cadastre in 1819. It still subsists today in the hamlet named Saint-Clément. It was restored in 1972.
Mairie de Barles
La Chapelle de Saint Clément,
04140 Barles
Telephone : +33492351009
Email : [email protected]
Rates
Free of charge.Languages spoken
- French
Alpes de Haute Provence Tourisme patrimoine-culturel/apidae-chapelle-de-saint-clement-4593429
Updated on 16/08/2023 – Office de Tourisme Provence Alpes Digne les Bains – Suggest an edit