Chapelle Saint Roch puis église paroissiale Notre Dame de L’Assomption

Chapelle Saint Roch puis église paroissiale Notre Dame de L’Assomption

St-Roch’s chapel and then Notre Dame de l’assomption parochial church. The current parochial church was erected in 1853 where a chapel dedicated to St Roch existed and probably had been built after the plague pandemics during the 15th century.

The bishop visited it in 1677 while coming down from St Pierre’s church : it is at the bottom of the new village, closed by a wooden gate, with an altar and everything useful for worship. Too small for parish services and Saint Pierre’s church being too far, it was decided to demolish it and rebuild a new one dedicated to Our Lady and Saint Peter to remind us of the old and abandoned parish churches.

Mairie de Barles

La Chapelle Saint Roch,
04140 Barles

Telephone : +33492351009

Email : [email protected]

Rates

Free of charge.
Languages spoken
  • French
Alpes de Haute Provence Tourisme patrimoine-culturel/apidae-chapelle-saint-roch-puis-eglise-paroissiale-notre-dame-de-l-assomption-4462337
Fiche au format PDF Imprimer la fiche

Updated on 18/08/2023 – Office de Tourisme Provence Alpes Digne les Bains – Suggest an edit

See also :

Pin It on Pinterest