It is both dedicated to Our Lady and Saint Antony.
Mentioned in the bull of Lucis III on 11 May 1183, the parish church was located where the current church is, it was dedicated to Our Lady of Entraigues and was served by a monk from the Île Barbe. During the Wars of Religion, the church suffered significant damage and was completely ruined. In the course of the 16th century, the abbot of Île Barbe withdrew from the domain in Selonnet. The family of the constable Lesdiguières takes it back and builds, on the ruins of the former church, a castle. This castle existed in 1594 and was still owned by the family in 1715, undergoing significant restoration work. During the 18th century, possibly after the great fire of 1798, a church was built to replace the castle of which a tower was preserved, being used as a bell tower. In 1868 it was demolished to build a bigger one at the same location.
Mairie de Selonnet
Eglise de Selonnet,
04460 Selonnet
Telephone : +33492350638
Email : [email protected]
Website : www.selonnet.fr/
- French
Updated on 18/08/2023 – Office de Tourisme Provence Alpes Digne les Bains – Suggest an edit